Step Seven: Develop a Plan of Action & Implement
Taking action is the most essential part of any dementia-friendly community. By listening to residents, especially those people living with the disease, you will be able to identify what your priorities should be. Communities are asked to engage:
- Children, students, and young adults
- Faith-based groups and organizations
- Civic and other local community groups
- First responders and law enforcement
- Local government agencies
Read about successful programs and services that you could offer to meet the needs of your community.
Inform the Dementia Friendly Massachusetts project manager of your progress. Consider hosting a celebratory kickoff event to engage the community and promote awareness of your new initiative! Templates of invitations and marketing materials for the kickoff event are available for your convenience.